The ALA awards are like the Oscars in the literary world. Although there are many, here are the top winners for 2010, announced this week in Boston at the annual mid-winter convention.
You can reserve the books using the links below, or try downloading one to listen to on an iPod, or listening to it on cd.
- Caldecott: The Lion & the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney
- Newbery: When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- Printz: Going Bovine by Libba Bray
Notable honored books include:
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Towards Justice by Phillip Hoose
- The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
- Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin